Sunday, February 13, 2011

Torture: Part II

After writing this entry about the difficult experience of being a San Francisco Giants fan, I promised that I would write a second entry about the 2010 Giants team and their attempt to counteract that difficult history. However, I got distracted by the team's run through the playoffs, eventually culminating with an unexpected (and unexpectedly validating) World Series title. Though I suppose I had a few opportunities to write about that experience and team, I ultimately never completed the second part of my essay on Giants Baseball and Torture. Because the team completed the nearly unimaginable goal of winning a World Series, there are innumerable wonderful chronicles of the whole experience from a number of different perspectives. If you are interested in the Giants, I suggest that you seek them out.

As for providing some sense of closure on my own explanation of my experience as a Giants fan, I offer the following picture. My friend Alexis took this picture of me on November 1, 2010, the night the Giants won the World Series. It says more than my words ever could.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home